Senior Programmer Job Responsibilities:
Develops operations solutions by guiding development of program specifications; overseeing testing efforts; leading programmers.
Senior Programmer Job Duties:
- Accomplishes programming project requirements by coaching programmers.
- Meets programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology.
- Plans programming projects by confirming program objective and specifications with clients.
- Arranges program specifications by confirming logical sequence and flowcharts; researching and employing established operations.
- Verifies program operation by confirming tests.
- Prepares programmers by providing educational opportunities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Senior Programmer Skills and Qualifications:
Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, C++, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Maintenance, Software Algorithm Design, Software Performance Tuning, Software Architecture, Coaching